England 1814: Well-loved rogue seeks warrior capable of forgiving past sins.
He is a known rake recovering from life-threatening injuries. She is a warrior from his past, forged by men like him, and responsible for preparing him for the battle ahead.
Who could’ve predicted there might be problems along the way?
Agent for the Crown, Ciarán Kelly, is an Irishman who loves women. All women. Big, small, buxom, slender, blonde, ginger, rich, poor—their features matter not. Fortunately, he was born with a silver tongue, enough wit and charisma to rival Claude Duvall, and an air of mystery, necessary to be an effective spy. In short, women love him, despite his humble beginnings as the son of a stable-hand. But after being branded a traitor and tortured by the very villains he’s vowed to destroy, he’s lost his memory and is left with only one person in the world he can—and must—depend upon…and she despises the very air he breathes.
No matter, he is:
- Confidently optimistic—she knows him; she really does. She’ll come around.
- Smooth-talking—which will be beneficial when he makes her angry. And he will make her angry.
- And brilliant—useful, if only he could remember…
And he isn’t:
- Impatient—There’s always time. See also confidently optimistic above.
- Or afraid—of being in love. He’s been there before.
Lady Frederica Glyndŵr has matured since her father married her off to a peculiar Welsh prince. What started out as a horrific journey towards female enslavement has ended up being the best possible thing to happen to her. She’s learned to be a fighter, a cryptographer, a stealthy observer, and a surprising revelation to any villain who happens along—they so love to underestimate her. Life is perfect. Until a disappointment from her past invades her life once more. She’s ready for a reckoning, but never forgiveness…too bad he has no memory of their past.
No matter, she is always:
- Prepared—a life lesson; she will never be caught ill-equipped again.
- And capable—she’s proven that to herself time and again.
And she isn’t:
- Sloppy—with the men they’re after, this could mean the difference between life and death.
- Patient—normally not a positive trait, but time is of the essence. Bad men are coming.
- Or in love…or won’t be if she could only retrieve her heart from the man who stole it.
As the enemy closes in and Kelly’s mind begins to heal, he must answer an uncomfortable question: exactly whose side is he on? But what he really burns to know is whether true love can surmount all sins…